Click here to skip to main content.
 
Cyfernod / Ref NoCD14
Rhif Cyfeirnod Gwahanol / Alt Ref NoCD26-27
Teitl / TitleRecords of Colwyn Bay and Llandudno English Methodist Circuit
Ddisgrifiad / DescriptionIn 1885 the Colwyn Bay Methodist Circuit consisted of societies at Colwyn Bay, Conwy and Llanrwst. The circuit developed as followed:
1888 St John's Chapel, Colwyn Bay, opened
1899 Greenfield Road Chapel used by English Wesleyans
1904 Old Colwyn Society founded
1905 Nant-y-Glyn Road Chapel opened to supercede Greenfield Road Chapel
1909 Old Colwyn Chapel opened
1916 Llanrwst left circuit
1916 Rhos-on-Sea Society founded
1923 Rhos-on-Sea Chapel opened
1932 Circuit combined with Llandudno Circuit (St John's and St David's) to form Colwyn Bay and Llandudno Circuit
1943 Abergele Society founded

This collection was originally in 2 parts CD26 and CD27 but when a later accession came to be added the material was so intertwined it was decided to amalgamate the collections.
Dyddiad / Date1836-2006
Graddau / Extent1633 items
Lefel / LevelCollection
Amodau Mynediad / Access ConditionsThis collection is open for research. Access to some documents may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation, Conwy Archives will advise where this is the case. For details and opening hours see http://www.conwy.gov.uk/en/Resident/Libraries-Museums-and-Archives/Archives/Archives.aspx.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022